Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful- Day 25

Day 25
Today I am thankful long time friendships that last the test of time and distance. I want to specifically thank these five friends for the gift of their friendship:

Katie- We have been friends since 1989. Hard to believe it has been that long. We have been by each others side through so many things and I am not sure that since you graduated high school we have lived in the same state for more than a year. We don't talk as often as we should, but I know that you are always there for me..believing in me and encouraging me to try whatever new thing I have dared to dream up! Thank you for being my sister!

Christie- We have been friends since the end of junior high/beginning of high school. We have been through lots together. You supported me through difficult family times and tough decisions. You have laughed with me and I am sure at me and certainly made me laugh. Time and distance have caused us to drift and yet as I sat this Thanksgiving thinking of the blessings in my life you were on the top of the list. I regret that we have not seen each other in years and don't talk like we should. Hope I can see you soon and that you can meet little man. Thank you for the family you have been to me and the friendship we have had for many years.

This picture is old but it is the last one I have of all of us together!

Jenny & Stuart- I can't begin to imagine my life without the two of you. Stuart you made teaching at Lawrence an adventure everyday. It was fun to watch you grow as a teacher. Mostly I have loved watching you grow in love and family with Jenny and your boys. Jenny you have been invaluable to me as a moral support. I miss you both terribly and hope to see you guys soon. Thank you for the gift of your friendship and support over these years.



Cherish- We have been friends since I started teaching at Lawrence. I have watched your kids grow and you have watched me grow a family. It always brings a smile to my face to remember the evenings chatting with you and Zara on IM, making her laugh with the funny sounds my IM made. You have been such a blessing in my life. I miss you terribly and wish we lived closer. I keep praying one day you will call and say you have bought a plane ticket and are coming to visit! Thank you for making me a part of your family long ago and letting me continue to be a part of it.




Debbie- I am not sure how I would have made it to where I am today without your support. You spent many a late night chatting with me when sleep would not come. You have loved me when I couldn't figure out how to love myself. You have believed in me and helped me remember how to believe in myself. The beauty in you shines from the inside out. I am so grateful for your friendship. I have loved watching you grow and cheering you on the last few years. I hope you know how much I believe in you and miss you. Thank you for the beauty of our friendship.


These are five women (and a man) that have been such great friends to me over the time. They are all out west and have never stopped being a support, a source of laughter and friendship to me as I started my adventure on the east coast. I love you all and miss you all tons.

No comments: