Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful- Day 24

Day 24- Thanksgiving Day

Today is Thanksgiving..my favorite holiday I think. I woke up this morning with a cute little boy sleeping in the bed next to me and breathed a prayer of thanksgiving that I get to be his mom. This was the beginning of many short prayers of thanks I would give today.
- I am thankful for my family, the whole crazy mixed up group. We don't live close to each other and by some family standards we are not close, I can go months without speaking to my sibling(s) but we are there for each other. Through kids, marriages, divorces, unemployment and blended family gatherings we keep smiling and supporting.
- I am thankful for my past friendships. Today I took the time to be thankful for the friends that have passed through my life. I recognize the value of those friendships, things I learned from them and the growth that came from them. So today I am thankful for the people that entered my life for a short or long time, but are not active in my life today.
- I am thankful for the friends that are currently in my life. They are spread across the globe, some I talk to/see everyday and some I only rarely get to see/talk to. But these friendships are the ones that I rely on everyday. I know that no matter how dark my darkest day is they are there for me, they hold my hand in those moments. And they dance with me in the glow of sunshine when life is good. No matter time of day, or personal situation, they are there for me. And I hope they realize I am there for them to.

So as this Thanksgiving day comes to a close I say another prayer thanking God for the blessings of family and friends in my life. I miss those that are no longer with me, rejoice in the gifts I received from them and try to remember to cherish the ones I have with me now.

No comments: