Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful- Day 10

Day 10

Tonight after a fun evening out I came home to a FB post that was some OLD pictures from my days working at Space Camp. I was instantly filled with love, laughter and a bit of sadness. For over 10 years every summer I packed my life up and moved to Alabama for the summer to work at Space Camp. I worked with kids and adults and made many lasting friendships. The years I spent working with the teacher program at Space Camp gave me a family, several of us came back year after year to be together and work this amazing program and even some of the campers became staff. We have been there for each others weddings, bar mitzvahs, heartaches and new family members. We are scattered across North America and even though we have not all been together in a while I know that when we are, we will pick up like no time has passed. I miss them all terribly, they have enriched my life in so many ways. I am saddened a little at the thought that none of the staff have been able to meet little man yet as our schedules have been so crazy, but I have felt their love through it all and received so many virtual hugs and kind words from them. I am so blessed by the friendships I made with the "campers" and how many of them have been able to meet little man.

So today I am thankful for the laughs, the tears, the hugs, the love of my Space Camp family, staff and campers. The wacky people that are in my life because of Space Camp and the never ending support that I receive from them. They are the family I have chosen and that I chose every summer to be with for lots of years. Several of us now have kids and many of us are now married, but it just means our family has grown. Time for a reunion I think! I love all of you and miss you all dearly!




No comments: