Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Adoption Awareness Day 8: What makes me Smile!




This one can have so many stories and answers. His smile, his laugh, the stories he tells about his day, or the stories he creates for fun, his daily sneak for morning snuggles in my bed before the day begins...so many things about this child make me smile. He is sweet, he is kind, he is caring and I am constantly reminded that "he has a lot of words." 
But here is a story that makes me smile and maybe even laugh out loud.
A few weeks ago we went to the pumpkin patch and Little Man was playing in the corn pit (see picture above) There was a little girl probably a year maybe 2 older than him. They were both competing over who could swing further out into this pit of corn using the rope. They were playing, giggling and having a good time. I eventually asked him to get out so we could take the hayride to go get our pumpkin! He got out, after a little convincing. We got on the hay ride with a couple of other families. A few minutes later the little girl, from the corn pit, and her family start to head toward the hay ride. Little Man narrows his eye and quite seriously states "Oh no here comes my corn nemesis." The lady across from me chuckles and asks him what nemesis means to which he replies "she is the evil I fight against."
All those words...he has all these words and sometimes he is so comical about it!

No comments: